I quit my job

Moderators: Elite Guard Officers, Executive Officers

<<

SlntCobra1

Discharged
Discharged

Post Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:25 pm

I quit my job

That's right, you read that correctly. As of 12 noon EST, I am no longer working at Allen & Son Pit Cooked BBQ. Mainly because the owner is a hypocritical asshole. He said and I quote "The reason you don't have any more hours is because you talk too much." That's bullshit. I talk probably about as much as the rest of my coworkers. In the end, I still get my work done. Would he have kept me on for the 2 years and 8 months that I have been there if I weren't a good worker? I don't fucking think so. Also, just working 2.5 hours A WEEK does not cut it for income nor insurance.

So I am now in the process of job hunting yet again. Every month re-submit my applications to a lot of places.
95% of teens would cry if the Jonas brothers were about to jump off of a 10 story building. I'm one of the 5% who would bring popcorn and invite friends.
CLICK MAH SIG!!!!
ImageImageImageImage
<<

ByteSlinger

Master of the Portal
Master of the Portal

Post Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:16 pm

Re: I quit my job

2.5 hours a week? Really? That many hours? How do you find time for anything else in your life? :o

Consider it a blessing in disguise. Take all your free time now, enjoy the summer. Splash around in your local swimmin' hole, find a nice girl to date (extra credit challenge: she can't be related to you!), take up a hobby (that doesn't involve killing something), read a book (even if there are more pictures than words) or just sit around and talk all day.... :D

...oh, wait. That's what got you fired in the first place. Oops! :roll:

Okay, Okay - you know I'm kidding with you (well, everything except about the girlfriend thing). :twisted:

Sorry you got sacked. Why don't you try starting your own business - like simple yardwork or landscaping, junk removal and spring cleaning, or all the other crap most people don't want to do when the weather gets nice. You'll get some fresh air, build up your strength and fortitude, and frustrate a dozen Mexicans in the process. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

...just an idea....
<<

SlntCobra1

Discharged
Discharged

Post Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:11 pm

ByteSlinger wrote:2.5 hours a week? Really? That many hours? How do you find time for anything else in your life? :o

Sorry you got sacked. You'll get some fresh air, build up your strength and fortitude, and frustrate a dozen Mexicans in the process. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't get sacked by my boss. I voluntarily quit. Also, I already have a garden going. My dad and I cleaned it up, tilled it, planted seed red potatoes, buttercrunch lettuce, carrots, and sugar snow peas a week ago yesterday. After we got it planted, we put up a chicken wire fence and a chain-link fence in front of it to keep the rabbits out. Then we made a gate to keep the deer out as well.

"...frustrate a dozen Mexicans in the process." That's a good one for a sig any day!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :P :P :P :P :P :) :) :) :)
95% of teens would cry if the Jonas brothers were about to jump off of a 10 story building. I'm one of the 5% who would bring popcorn and invite friends.
CLICK MAH SIG!!!!
ImageImageImageImage
<<

RogerBK

Spec Ops
Spec Ops

Post Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:46 pm

so, you're without a job now Cobra? More time to play fucking Minecraft! Woo.

You should be happy.

Anyways, I second bytes, read, do something cool, and find a nice job, that doesn't involve forks full of saliva. Ugh. :lol: :lol:

I know a fucking song who fucking fits perfectly to your situation: "...Oh take your time, Don't live too fast, Troubles will come, And they'll pass, You'll find a woman, You'll find love..."

All my Blam points will go to the first to answer the song name and band... hehehe I'm sure a lot of you guys love this band!

lol, it was hard to put the image in the signature... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

ByteSlinger

Master of the Portal
Master of the Portal

Post Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:35 pm

RogerBK wrote:so, you're without a job now Cobra? More time to play fucking Minecraft! Woo.

You should be happy.

Anyways, I second bytes, read, do something cool, and find a nice job, that doesn't involve forks full of saliva. Ugh. :lol: :lol:

I know a fucking song who fucking fits perfectly to your situation: "...Oh take your time, Don't live too fast, Troubles will come, And they'll pass, You'll find a woman, You'll find love..."

All my Blam points will go to the first to answer the song name and band... hehehe I'm sure a lot of you guys love this band!

Easy. Lynyrd Skynard - "Simple Man". Here's the whole song:

(Gary Rossington - Ronnie VanZant)

Mama told me when I was young
Come sit beside me, my only son
And listen closely to what I say.
And if you do this
It'll help you some sunny day. Oh Yah!
Oh, take your time... Don't live too fast,
Troubles will come and they will pass.
You'll find a woman, yea yea, you'll find love,
And don't forget son,
There is someone up above.

(Chorus)
And be a simple, kind of man.
Oh be something, you love and understand.
Baby be a simple, kind of man.
Oh, won't you do this for me son,
If you can?

Forget your lust, for the rich man's gold
All that you need, is in your soul,
And you can do this, oh baby, if you try.
All that I want for you my son,
Is to be satisfied.

(Chorus)

Boy, don't you worry... you'll find yourself.
Follow your heart, lord, and nothing else.
And you can do this, oh baby, if you try.
All that I want for you my son,
Is to be satisfied.

(Chorus)

Baby be a simple, be a simple man.
Oh be something, you love and understand.
Baby be a simple, kind of man. (Fade out)

<<

SlntCobra1

Discharged
Discharged

Post Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:06 am

Dammit Byte, you could've at least waited for a few others. >_> Mainly me. I knew that song right off the bat.
CLICK MAH SIG!!!!
ImageImageImageImage
<<

RogerBK

Spec Ops
Spec Ops

Post Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:07 pm

Hah it was easy... Too bad bytes, I can't transfer my blams to you. But you passed Roger's Rock Test.

Or did you just google'd it?

Anyway, love this song. Ronnie was a genious.

<<

ByteSlinger

Master of the Portal
Master of the Portal

Post Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:34 pm

My dear Roger, I was in college when that song came out. You weren't even sperm yet. Any decent road trip required playing AC/DC, Lynyrd Skynrd, Led Zep and Metallica at the loudest volume the cheap-ass car speakers could take without cracking.

Google the lyrics? Yeah. I knew the lyrics BEFORE there was Google! :lol:
<<

RogerBK

Spec Ops
Spec Ops

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:10 pm

lol bytes. I forgot you're so incredibly good on music. If I asked who is Led Zeppelin to my friends they'll probably say: "Who the fuck is Led Zeppelin?"

And I would kick their ass for disrespecting such an awesome band.

Also, AC/DC is totally required for road trips. Tell me one song of them that doesn't have a fucking awesome refrain.

<<

Pandamir

Wow, I'm an Admin now!
Wow, I'm an Admin now!

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:40 pm

Hell I grew up on bands like that because of the pure awesomeness that is all of those bands. And while todays rock just can't compare to it's earlier roots some is still good but just can't compare.

Return to Barracks Lounge