<<

EagleRock

Chief Barracks Officer
Chief Barracks Officer

Post Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:23 am

Best. Card Game. Ever.

It's finally here:

Link made of Awesome Sauce

Anyone that's familiar with Looney Labs knows they make great games, and this one just takes the cake.

Incidentally, before anyone says anything, yes I do know I am a geek, and no, I do not make any effort to mask this. Trevor accused me of such when I showed him this earlier, and I figured I get it right out in the open.

Besides, I'm a geek that's married. I've already "mitigated the social ineptitude debuff," so to speak.

Anyway, let's see who else is as big of a BTTF fan as me!
<<

DumbassDude

Soldier
Soldier

Post Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:23 am

Re: Best. Card Game. Ever.

It's a card game, BUT HAS THE FEELING OF A BOARD GAME? Sounds amazing, and I think it's odd that they still sell stuff like this.

Also, I'm not familiar with Looney Labs, it must be an American thing. I'm looking at their selection and one of them was best party game 2009, which surprises me as I've never heard of it :S
<<

ByteSlinger

Master of the Portal
Master of the Portal

Post Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:40 am

Hey, wait a minute! They made a game based on the storyline of my fanfic! :?

Great. Now I have to include Doc Brown and Biff somewhere in the next few chapters.

Oh, and EagleRock, you are indeed a geek. I guess if I can admit to having all first-edition Dungeons and Dragons manuals, dice and player sheets, you can admit that you play BTTF card games.

But if it wasn't for us geeks, there would be only upper management and football players in the world. We are the technocracy. We rule the data - and whoever rules the data rules the planet!

MWUHUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
<<

DumbassDude

Soldier
Soldier

Post Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:05 am

Dungeons and Dragons you say? I play it with 5 mates every week for the past 3 years.

It's great being a geek.
<<

SlntCobra1

Discharged
Discharged

Post Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:18 pm

Hmm, then what does that make me since I still play Duel Monsters? :shock:
95% of teens would cry if the Jonas brothers were about to jump off of a 10 story building. I'm one of the 5% who would bring popcorn and invite friends.
CLICK MAH SIG!!!!
ImageImageImageImage
<<

EagleRock

Chief Barracks Officer
Chief Barracks Officer

Post Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:12 pm

ByteSlinger wrote:Hey, wait a minute! They made a game based on the storyline of my fanfic! :?

Actually, that's this game here. This is the game that initially brought my attention to Looney Labs. I actually found it in an official Wizards of the Coast store that was around NJ before it shut down (not enough geeks that like MTG or DnD I guess). They also make some other popular games, such as Fluxx.

ByteSlinger wrote:Oh, and EagleRock, you are indeed a geek. I guess if I can admit to having all first-edition Dungeons and Dragons manuals, dice and player sheets, you can admit that you play BTTF card games.

Hell, I'll admit to playing Magic: The Gathering. I'm a real geek. I admit to also never throwing away my first computer, either...too sentimental.

ByteSlinger wrote:But if it wasn't for us geeks, there would be only upper management and football players in the world. We are the technocracy. We rule the data - and whoever rules the data rules the planet!

Very "The Plague" of you. I like it. :-)

ByteSlinger wrote:MWUHUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Even more "The Plague" you of. I like it. :-)

DumbassDude wrote:It's a card game, BUT HAS THE FEELING OF A BOARD GAME? Sounds amazing, and I think it's odd that they still sell stuff like this.

Also, I'm not familiar with Looney Labs, it must be an American thing. I'm looking at their selection and one of them was best party game 2009, which surprises me as I've never heard of it :S

As long as there are geek...there will be card games. And Looney Labs is American, yes, and I don't think their stuff really makes it around the world. Also, I noticed on the BTTF web site that the card game only has US movie rights, so they won't ship this game internationally... :?
<<

ByteSlinger

Master of the Portal
Master of the Portal

Post Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:25 pm

<thread hijack>
Okay, kiddies - talking about your first computer - yes, I still have my FIRST unit - and it still works! In 1981 (before most of you were sperm) I purchased a Texas Instruments TI 99/4A. Here are the specs:

Hard drive: none
floppy drive: none
removable storage: data cartridges (shaped like old Sega Genesis cartridges)
file storage: external cassette player and cassette audio tape (programs were translated to sounds, sounds were stored on tape!)
video: 8K Video subsystem, using standard TV output. 8 colors on a 25 line by 40 char text screen; (1000 char) - each char was 64 pixels, but could only be one color!
Processor: Motorola, 3.5Mhz
RAM: 8K
ROM: 16K
Base operating system: TI Assembler, 16K
Programming language: TI Cartridge BASIC, 32K
Keyboard: Integrated 64 key
Communications: External 300bps modem (yes, 300 bits per second. Compare that to my current cable speed of 15,000,000 bits per second!)
Additional devices: Atari joysticks (I hard wired them into the comm port), Speech synthesizer

The whole setup, including additional tapes and other program cartridges cost me about $500. Back then, I was only grossing $100 a week, so that was a lot of cash to lay out. I had to borrow most of the money from my Aunt, and it took me three years to pay her back. In that time, Texas Instruments announced it was abandoning the unit, as they could not compete with the Commodore 64.

I plug it in every once in a while, sit back in my rocking chair, and happily hum Ozzy Osborne's "Crazy Train". Ah, those were the good old days!

Note: This image was taken from Google, but it does represent exactly what I have.

</thread hijack>

Return to Barracks Lounge