Awesome birthday gifts

Moderators: Elite Guard Officers, Executive Officers

<<

EagleRock

Chief Barracks Officer
Chief Barracks Officer

Post Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:38 pm

Awesome birthday gifts

Well, while Trev was going on about his birthday thread, I was having my own birthday dinner. My birthday isn't until Tuesday, but life after college rarely allows you to do anything on your birthday...assuming it's during the week. So, we had my party yesterday. After dinner out at a nice Italian place, we came back to the house for some dessert and coffee. Basically, all I asked for in terms of gifts was cash to go towards the iPhone 4, which I got. My parents, of course, had to outdo everyone...

So, since I know we have a few music buffs in here, I know some of you would appreciate this:

It's a drum head signed by all four members of The Who (Roger Daltrey, Pete Townshend, John Entwistle, and Keith Moon). I had a vague idea I might have been getting this, since they made me pick out the frame.

Here's a closeup:

The big surprise, however, was that they didn't just get me the drum head, they also got me this:

This wasn't signed by Keith Moon (he died by then), but it was signed by Kenney Jones, who replaced him.

Here's a closeup again:

And here's the two of them together:

And here's the certificates of authenticity:

Not that I'm trying to brag here, but I HAD to share this...it was too awesome to not do so. 8-)
<<

ByteSlinger

Master of the Portal
Master of the Portal

Post Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:08 pm

Re: Awesome birthday gifts

Congrats and Happy Almost Birthday! Those are indeed awesome gifts. May you enjoy them for a long time and always in good health. Mazeltov! :D

Return to Barracks Lounge