<<

SlntCobra1

Discharged
Discharged

Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:49 pm

Annoyingly and admittedly catchy pop songs

One song immediately comes to mind.

Then these two also come to mind.

I know this may seem like an odd topic. But let's see what y'all think.

:? :?
95% of teens would cry if the Jonas brothers were about to jump off of a 10 story building. I'm one of the 5% who would bring popcorn and invite friends.
CLICK MAH SIG!!!!
ImageImageImageImage
<<

EagleRock

Chief Barracks Officer
Chief Barracks Officer

Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:17 pm

Re: Annoyingly and admittedly catchy pop songs

This one has played on the local radio stations about 2 billion times in the last 2 months...considering I am not a fan of autotuned music, it makes it a strange choice for one that caught on to me.

Maybe the repetition did it.

Oh yeah, and the music video sucks balls.

<<

ByteSlinger

Master of the Portal
Master of the Portal

Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:25 pm

Then, of course, there's this classic:
<<

SlntCobra1

Discharged
Discharged

Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:02 pm

I had a feeling that someone would mention Numa Numa within the first couple of pages. :P I really should've assumed it would be none other than the "Dark Queen Of All That is Not Linux." lmao

The reason I made this topic is because yesterday my brother "ninja taught" me how to play "Bad Romance" on my guitar.
Last edited by SlntCobra1 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed the title.
95% of teens would cry if the Jonas brothers were about to jump off of a 10 story building. I'm one of the 5% who would bring popcorn and invite friends.
CLICK MAH SIG!!!!
ImageImageImageImage
<<

ByteSlinger

Master of the Portal
Master of the Portal

Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:11 pm

SlntCobra1 wrote:I had a feeling that someone would mention Numa Numa within the first couple of pages. :P I really should've assumed it would be none other than the "Dark Queen Of All That is Not Linux." lmao

The reason I made this topic is because yesterday my brother "ninja taught" me how to play "Bad Romance" on my guitar.

Well, as long as you don't dress up and dance to it, you'll be okay. But if you DO...well, we know what the entertainment will be at Eagle's next birthday party.... :twisted:
<<

RogerBK

Spec Ops
Spec Ops

Post Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:20 pm

lol, playing BAd Romance in the GUITAR??

PH COMEEE OOOOON WORLD, WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?????WHYYYYY? :evil:

lol, it was hard to put the image in the signature... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

ByteSlinger

Master of the Portal
Master of the Portal

Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:52 am

Then...there's...this...earworm....Must...stop...the...urge...to...punch...screen.....AAARRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
<<

DumbassDude

Soldier
Soldier

Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:03 am

ByteSlinger wrote:Then...there's...this...earworm....Must...stop...the...urge...to...punch...screen.....AAARRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Hah, I used that song in one of my Youtube improv mini series. That song is the behemoth of catchy songs, but everyone knows this;
<<

SlntCobra1

Discharged
Discharged

Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:11 pm

Well Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'" is not really pop. It's more classic rock. They started out in San Francisco in 1973. 8-) 8-) \m/ Also, you didn't get the whole song.
CLICK MAH SIG!!!!
ImageImageImageImage
<<

DumbassDude

Soldier
Soldier

Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:15 pm

SlntCobra1 wrote:Well Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'" is not really pop. It's more classic rock. They started out in San Francisco in 1973. 8-) 8-) \m/ Also, you didn't get the whole song.

Yes but the media has converged it so heavily into pop culture, so really I think it qualifies, especially with the number of remixes and Glee's cover.
<<

SlntCobra1

Discharged
Discharged

Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:03 pm

Nah, it's still classic rock. 1973 was just getting into the classic rock and 4 years later Black Sabbath would show up on the music scene.
CLICK MAH SIG!!!!
ImageImageImageImage
<<

DumbassDude

Soldier
Soldier

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:31 am

SlntCobra1 wrote:Nah, it's still classic rock. 1973 was just getting into the classic rock and 4 years later Black Sabbath would show up on the music scene.

I know the song is classic rock, it's just it's now so heavily embedded in popular culture that I think the media see's it as catchy popular songs, hell, I saw it on the charts not too long ago on a channel that frequently shows Kelly Rowland, David Guetta, Black Eyed Peas and etc. Plus the song has been in more modern programs in the past 10 years than any other song, and is one of the most downloaded songs in history.

I could go on and on, but all I'm saying is, in modern day, it constitutes as a pop song.
<<

RogerBK

Spec Ops
Spec Ops

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:22 pm

I feel so proud buying Slash's and Ozzy's bios... ;) They're awesome...

Also, I CAN'T STOP SINGING "Don't Stop Belieevingggggg, torororom, torororom, torororomromromromrom..."

This song simply ROCKS

Also, my father bought me a Black Sabbath Vol.4 All-Star and an AC/DC all-star... (All-Star=the shoes) :roll:

lol, it was hard to put the image in the signature... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

ByteSlinger

Master of the Portal
Master of the Portal

Post Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:59 pm

Oh, you young and foolish children - Journey, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Led Zep - all those bands that first made the scene when I was young (and you weren't even sperm cells) are - and forever will be - Rock. Oh, somebody may remix a song with a techno beat, or screw around with a pop rhythm - but that will NEVER change the original song - their essence as Rock.

So, for all of you who consider "Don't Stop Believing" a pop song now, I respectfully tell you:

YOU ARE WRONG!

it may have been mutilated by Gleeks and other wanna-bes, but all they're doing is making a bad version of it. They can never undo - or cover - the original song - and the original song will always be Rock!

I have spoken - there shall be no more discussion of this. No one screws around with the classics. No one....... :twisted:
<<

EagleRock

Chief Barracks Officer
Chief Barracks Officer

Post Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:18 am

Let's get a few things straight around here:

ByteSlinger wrote:Then...there's...this...earworm....Must...stop...the...urge...to...punch...screen.....AAARRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

W. T. F. I still don't get the stupid anime-girl-sway-back-and-forth-dance thing.

And as far as the "Don't Stop Believing being a pop-song" thing, Byte said it all.

However, I will admit one thing...some of the new remixes of Don't Stop Believing are good...including the techno ones.

This one in particular I can actually say I like...only because the singer has a really good voice and the techno is not overbearing:

Next

Return to Barracks Lounge