Moderators: Elite Guard Officers, Executive Officers

<<

ByteSlinger

Master of the Portal
Master of the Portal

Post Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:34 am

Re: Annoyingly and admittedly catchy pop songs

EagleRock wrote:Let's get a few things straight around here:

ByteSlinger wrote:Then...there's...this...earworm....Must...stop...the...urge...to...punch...screen.....AAARRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

W. T. F. I still don't get the stupid anime-girl-sway-back-and-forth-dance thing.

And as far as the "Don't Stop Believing being a pop-song" thing, Byte said it all.

However, I will admit one thing...some of the new remixes of Don't Stop Believing are good...including the techno ones.

This one in particular I can actually say I like...only because the singer has a really good voice and the techno is not overbearing:

Yeah, and I bet you like Justin Blieber, the Jonas Brothers and Beyonce, too. Traitor! Real Geeks don't care about voices - and for as technical as we are, we usually abhor techno music, as we can't dance to it anyway. In fact, a true geek can't dance to ANY music, and therefore shuns music that may be played in a dance club.

You take 20 HP damage, and drop 2 points on your Geek Energy Level. Your pocket protector is flashing orange as a warning, and the tape holding your glasses together is starting to come loose.

Even Yoda knows this:

:lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D
<<

SlntCobra1

Discharged
Discharged

Post Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:13 pm

ByteSlinger wrote:Oh, you young and foolish children - Journey, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Led Zep - all those bands that first made the scene when I was young (and you weren't even sperm cells) are - and forever will be - Rock. Oh, somebody may remix a song with a techno beat, or screw around with a pop rhythm - but that will NEVER change the original song - their essence as Rock.

So, for all of you who consider "Don't Stop Believing" a pop song now, I respectfully tell you:

YOU ARE WRONG!

it may have been mutilated by Gleeks and other wanna-bes, but all they're doing is making a bad version of it. They can never undo - or cover - the original song - and the original song will always be Rock!

I have spoken - there shall be no more discussion of this. No one screws around with the classics. No one....... :twisted:

That is exactly what I said! I really have no idea why he wouldn't listen to reason. All the bands I listen to are classic rock, hard rock, heavy metal, rock, some of the newer bands like Chavelle, Adelita's Way, etc. but they're not Pop by any means of the word.
95% of teens would cry if the Jonas brothers were about to jump off of a 10 story building. I'm one of the 5% who would bring popcorn and invite friends.
CLICK MAH SIG!!!!
ImageImageImageImage
<<

DumbassDude

Soldier
Soldier

Post Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:13 am

Regardless of what you guys say, I won't stop believing that Don't Stop Believing has become a pop song.
<<

ByteSlinger

Master of the Portal
Master of the Portal

Post Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:28 am

DumbassDude wrote:Regardless of what you guys say, I won't stop believing that Don't Stop Believing has become a pop song.

It may be interpreted by some as a pop song, that is true - but if you paint a zebra black and call it a horse, it doesn't make it a horse. It will always be a Rock ballad, regardless of how it is mutilated.
<<

SlntCobra1

Discharged
Discharged

Post Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:10 pm

I'm not sure if this would be pop or not. I'm thinking it's not, but it certainly does put Recycling effort in perspective.

95% of teens would cry if the Jonas brothers were about to jump off of a 10 story building. I'm one of the 5% who would bring popcorn and invite friends.
CLICK MAH SIG!!!!
ImageImageImageImage
<<

ByteSlinger

Master of the Portal
Master of the Portal

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:12 am

Okay - I know I find this one as annoying as hell - but when they play it at weddings later in the evening, it's funny watching all the drunks trying to act it out.

Oh, and I know NONE of you guys will admit it, but you like it...you know you do!
Previous

Return to Barracks Lounge