Moderators: Elite Guard Officers, Executive Officers

<<

ByteSlinger

Master of the Portal
Master of the Portal

Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:58 pm

Re: Computer Repairs

To Sheiz:

No dust and still overheating? And... you have one of the Sony "toaster-oven" models - these are the ones where the RAM modules overheat and cause the rest of the machine to fry eggs. That particular model is known for heat issues after a few years, and the hotter it runs, the faster the motherboard deteriorates. I would strongly recommend backing up any critical files (if you can keep it running that long) before it completely fails.

Oh...do you know anybody who runs a Deli or meat shop or someone with a walk-in fridge/freezer? You could (theoretically) set up your laptop in a nice cool room (30-40 deg. F) and it should keep cool enough while you back up your important files. Just don't wear mittens - it's hard to type in them.
:roll:

--------For Cobra------------

I uploaded the keyboard fix video - also in 4 parts:

Part 1 of 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vx10twE1rw
Part 2 of 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mURaUvARpmo
Part 3 of 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGy5ZX9h7Bk
Part 4 of 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VCj4WLYM0g

Again, view them in a pop-up; they're optimized for 320 x 240...

BTW, Part 2 - I know your Mom is a sweet lady - but the way she describes riding that horse, and hanging on tight, and... well, let's just say it's about 3 minutes of a very interesting conversation that could easily be taken the wrong way...
:evil:
Last edited by SlntCobra1 on Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spelling. :P
<<

SlntCobra1

Discharged
Discharged

Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:44 pm

:shock: :shock:

I'm not sure where you're going with this Byte. My mom talking about riding horses and whatnot, I don't see how that could, in any dimension, possibly be misconstrued.
95% of teens would cry if the Jonas brothers were about to jump off of a 10 story building. I'm one of the 5% who would bring popcorn and invite friends.
CLICK MAH SIG!!!!
ImageImageImageImage
<<

ByteSlinger

Master of the Portal
Master of the Portal

Post Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:42 am

SlntCobra1 wrote::shock: :shock:

I'm not sure where you're going with this Byte. My mom talking about riding horses and whatnot, I don't see how that could, in any dimension, possibly be misconstrued.

It has to do with a series of statements she says in complete innocence that, given the right (or wrong) perversion, could interpret it under a series of double-entendre's

Okay, so let me be a little more blunt: when she goes off saying things like "Oh, he's smooth - he rides so smooth. But there are times he has a mind of his own..had to jump right on up and ride him hard, hold on tight..." Yeah - now I know why you write such sexually explicit stories - it runs in the family!!!
<<

ByteSlinger

Master of the Portal
Master of the Portal

Post Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:53 pm

Sorry about the double post - but you asked me about your old sigs, and if I could post them for you. After a little fishing around, here's what I have:

Your original:

The Winter version:

St. Paddy's Day version:

Grammar Vader version:

Dueler version:

Mario Dueler version:

Let me know if these are what you're looking for - and if you want me to make you a new one, just ask! ...
<<

EagleRock

Chief Barracks Officer
Chief Barracks Officer

Post Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:58 pm

ByteSlinger wrote:Sorry about the double post - but you asked me about your old sigs, and if I could post them for you. After a little fishing around, here's what I have:
Dueler version:

Let me know if these are what you're looking for - and if you want me to make you a new one, just ask! ...

Please please please please remix this one...with this theme instead: http://duelthemario.ytmnd.com/ :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

SlntCobra1

Discharged
Discharged

Post Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:40 pm

The one that's missing is the God Of War 3 sig you made me either shortly before or after my current sig. And dammit Eagle, why do you always want to screw with something that works?! >_< :P
95% of teens would cry if the Jonas brothers were about to jump off of a 10 story building. I'm one of the 5% who would bring popcorn and invite friends.
CLICK MAH SIG!!!!
ImageImageImageImage
<<

ByteSlinger

Master of the Portal
Master of the Portal

Post Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:36 pm

After some digging around, I did manage to find it on my secondary server. Glad you're putting it to good use!
:D
Previous

Return to Barracks Lounge