Server Downtime - July 10th, 2012 - DNS Outage

<<

EagleRock

Chief Barracks Officer
Chief Barracks Officer

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:30 am

Server Downtime - July 10th, 2012 - DNS Outage

Hi, everyone!

Last night, no server on the eagleworld.net domain was reachable due to a dual-failure of my DNS resolvers provided by ZoneEdit. Without either DNS server up to answer requests for devices on eagleworld.net, all requests via any service would return an error. The server was in fact up and running, but you could only reach it via IP address. Presently, both DNS servers that eagleworld's DNS entries reside on are up.

I am going to configure a DNS server on Delorean to prevent this issue from occurring in the future. Granted, I've been using ZoneEdit for a good 5 years without an outage before, but there's no harm in using Delorean as the primary DNS with ZoneEdit as backup servers.

Otherwise, Delorean is humming along smoothly with no issues. In fact, I just hit 600 days uptime!

Code:
eaglerock@delorean:501:~$ uptime
 07:29:33 up 600 days, 14:38,  5 users,  load average: 7.41, 7.81, 7.56

Sorry for the inconvenience. Have fun!
<<

ByteSlinger

Master of the Portal
Master of the Portal

Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:19 pm

Re: Server Downtime - July 10th, 2012 - DNS Outage

As I live and breathe! Our leader speaks! So good to see you're still alive (and well???)

The Barracks are too quiet...only a handful of users really active...we need something to snap us out of the funk and get this place alive again....

I'm open to suggestions. :twisted:

Return to Server Info/FAQ's