Moderator: Executive Officers

<<

EagleRock

Chief Barracks Officer
Chief Barracks Officer

Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:08 am

Barracks News - Roll Call and Officer Evaluations

Hi everyone!

Just letting everyone know that our Records Officers have finished up the Barracks Roll Call for June 2010. You can find the results stickied in the Records Room. They're currently working on the current roster and will post it in the EGB thread and the Records Room once done. Note that if you were listed as inactive, this doesn't mean you are out of the Barracks for good...anyone can rejoin whenever they are ready to be active again!

Once we have our new roster in order, I will be starting discussions about replacing the officers we have lost in the Barracks. As everyone knows, SlashFirestorm and Phantom have decided to be discharged for inactivity, and will no longer be serving in the chain of command. We will need to fill their roles, as well as the roles that others have left inactive as well. I am considering all roles at this point, and am evaluating all officers to determine they are where they belong. You can check the Officer List to see which roles need to be filled.

Note that not all roles will be filled in; only the ones that we determine we need at this point in time. For example, the wartime positions usually stay inactive, but I am hearing suggestions for all roles at this point. Once the roster comes in, I will kick off discussions in the EGB proper and state my initial feeling for dealing with our thinned-out officer list. After that, I welcome all Barracks members to nominate members and voice their opinions and reasons.

So, stay tuned for the roster and for our officer discussions!
<<

ByteSlinger

Master of the Portal
Master of the Portal

Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:10 pm

Re: Barracks News - Roll Call and Officer Evaluations

Hmmmm... Recruitment Officer is open, huh? ....oh, yeah...I can sooooo do that!

Here's my pitch:

"Are you tired of the crud on Newgrounds? Do you want to do good for the sake of doing the right thing? Do you like milk and cookies, and have no problems working with the "Dark Queen over all that is Not Linux"? Are you ready to become a member of one of the most well-respected group on Newgrounds - and a minion of a dark mistress in your spare time? If you think you are, well, we'd love to talk to you, and see what you've got.

If you qualify(1), you may be eligible for expensive sign-on gifts, fabulous vacation packages and possibly use of a company car. We can reward those who serve us well, and the longer you serve, the better we all feel!

So, read about our qualifications and our standards, and if you think you got the right stuff, contact us. We'll review your record, and see if you have the potential to be a great soldier - and an unquestioning sycophant!"

:twisted:
(1) To qualify for sign on gifts, bonuses and packages, you must first show us that you can afford the tax liability of these gifts. Due to anti-fraud laws, this offer is only available to residents of Alaska that are married and have at least 8 kids
Last edited by ByteSlinger on Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

SlntCobra1

Discharged
Discharged

Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:21 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not sure if there is anything else I can add to that to make it funnier!
95% of teens would cry if the Jonas brothers were about to jump off of a 10 story building. I'm one of the 5% who would bring popcorn and invite friends.
CLICK MAH SIG!!!!
ImageImageImageImage
<<

EagleRock

Chief Barracks Officer
Chief Barracks Officer

Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:21 am

Okay, I've gone ahead and granted Coop Executive Officer rights on the site, and I gave Byte Officer rights.

I still need to create a new bucket group for Byte to be able to mod the Court Martial. That's to come when I get more time. :)
<<

ByteSlinger

Master of the Portal
Master of the Portal

Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:26 am

Thank you, Eagle. I promise not to get into (too much) trouble..... hehehe.... :twisted:
<<

EagleRock

Chief Barracks Officer
Chief Barracks Officer

Post Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:19 pm

Note to everyone: I am still hearing suggestions about further officer appointments, but I'm officially ending evaluations soon. So, if you have any other suggestions, speak now or forever hold your peace.

Well, by "forever," I mean until the next officer evaluation. :)
<<

SlntCobra1

Discharged
Discharged

Post Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:36 pm

You know this brings to mind, Sir-Nuts has been catching stolen submissions left and right. Way faster than I have. It would be nice to have another PVO so it could hopefully lighten Lassuk's workload.

I'm not saying I'm resigning, because I ain't! I mean that's practically all he does, he actively looks for stolen submissions and I congratulate him for that. Maybe he could be the Priv. PVO?
95% of teens would cry if the Jonas brothers were about to jump off of a 10 story building. I'm one of the 5% who would bring popcorn and invite friends.
CLICK MAH SIG!!!!
ImageImageImageImage
<<

ByteSlinger

Master of the Portal
Master of the Portal

Post Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:07 am

Eagle, have you had any thoughts on additional assignments? I like Cobra's idea about Sir-Nuts - hey, we can use all the help we can get.

What's the ETA on your decisions, anyway?

*Salutes*
<<

EagleRock

Chief Barracks Officer
Chief Barracks Officer

Post Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:00 pm

ByteSlinger wrote:Eagle, have you had any thoughts on additional assignments? I like Cobra's idea about Sir-Nuts - hey, we can use all the help we can get.

What's the ETA on your decisions, anyway?

*Salutes*

Honestly, I had no real ETA...I was just kinda feeling it out to see if anyone had ideas. The only idea any had was Cobra's. The only issue I have with the idea is that it makes three PVO's, which seems a bit un-balanced. Also, flagging submissions is part of what makes a good member overall. While he is a star performer and, IMO, is officer material, I don't think having him as a third PVO is the right choice. I haven't forgotten about Cobra's idea though, and I'm still milling over other possibilities.

As far as officer evaluations, they're officially closed, but that doesn't mean that people can't still be appointed at this point. Officer Evaluations is just the time when it's most commonly done. In the event that I see someone else (or someone else is pointed out to me) that is worthy of a role, it's always taken into consideration. So, we'll see how it goes.

Return to Barracks News/FAQ's